Cementitious Fireproofing Installer
Job Type: Full-time
Location: St. John’s, Newfoundland
Trinity Energy Group is currently seeking a self-motivated and energetic individual to join our team as a Cementitious Fireproofing Installer for a large project in St. John’s on a full-time term basis. We are looking for someone who is hardworking, reliable, and are determined to stay motivated on large-scale jobs. Experience with cementitious fireproofing is required. Experience with intumescent fireproofing, and firestopping is a great asset. If you are looking to join a fast growing, industry leading, non-union company then please apply.
This is a full-time opportunity with a medical/dental/health benefits package available after three (3) months. Wage will depend on experience and qualifications of the candidate. All experienced individuals are welcome to apply.
The successful candidate will work on contracted sites in Newfoundland as a Cementitious Fireproofing Installer, requiring the following duties:
- Properly apply cementitious fireproofing to steel at required thicknesses
- Coordinate with site forepersons and field staff to deliver consistent production levels
- Experience in operation, general maintenance, and on-site troubleshooting of the following trade-specific equipment is preferred:
- Rotor/Stator fireproofing pump – Gas/Diesel/Electric (Putzmeister and B30 Monophase pump)
- High-pressure Intumescent coating pump (Graco, Titan, Sherwin Williams)
- Adhesive and accelerator mixer and pump (Krendl, Grace)
- Drum, Paddle and Auger mortar/cement mixers – gas/electric (Crown, Stone)
- Lath and Scrim Installation tools (Hilti)
- Flame retardant spraying equipment
- Related tools and machines – Drill mixer, pressure washer, compressor, generator, water pressure booster.
Other considerations and requirements:
- Valid Driver’s License
- Current Respirator Fit Test and Medical Evaluation required
- Ability to carry 60lbs
- 2+ years fireproofing, and specialty coatings experience
- Basic understanding of construction principles and procedures
- Comfort working in high-stress environment with extreme weather fluctuations
- Scissor lift/boom lift operator certificate
- Criminal record check & child abuse registry check must be provided upon hiring
- Clean Driver’s abstract must be provided upon hiring
- Own transportation to and from our job sites is required
- Candidates with air brakes endorsement or willing to attain will be considered first
- Hours will fluctuate (full time + additional)
- Paid weekly
- Complete benefits including medical, dental, and vision. Employee & Family Assistance Plan
- Opportunities for growth and career advancement
Previous insulating or construction experience will be considered as asset, but not necessary.
Please forward all resumes to Steve Turnbull, at firstname.lastname@example.org. We appreciate all who apply, but only chosen candidates will be contacted for an interview.